A tantalizing collection of tales from the superior lady authors who've helped outline the fashionable vampire. Bram Stoker was once not often the 1st author—male or female—to fictionalize the folkloric vampire, yet he outlined the fashionable iconic vampire while Dracula seemed in 1897. due to the fact then, many have reinterpreted the ever-versatile vampire many times again—and lady writers have performed very important roles in proving that the vampire, in addition to our perpetual fascination with it, is actually immortal. those authors have devised one of the most attention-grabbing, renowned, and pleasing of our many vampiric diversifications: suavely sensual… attention-grabbing yet fatal… attractive and smart… undead yet vulnerable to detection… tormented or terrifying… fun or amoral… doomed or deadly… badass and beautiful… state of the art or classic…
Blood Sisters collects quite a lot of fantastical tales from New York Times bestsellers Holly Black, Nancy Holder, Catherynne M. Valente, and Carrie Vaughn, and severely acclaimed writers Chelsea Quinn Yarbro and Tanith Lee, all of whom have left their indelible and precise stamps at the vampire style. whether or not they are undeniably heroes and heroines or bloodthirsty monsters (or anything in between), the undead are a full of life lot. This anthology deals the very best brief fiction ever written via the "blood sisters" who understand them most sensible: tales you could rather sink your enamel into.
• creation: “Welcome to My condo! input Freely and of your individual unfastened Will!” by way of Paula Guran
• “A Princess of Spain” through Carrie Vaughn
• “Shipwrecks Above” by means of Caitlín R. Kiernan
• “The Fall of the home of Blackwater” through Freda Warrington
• “In reminiscence of …” by way of Nancy Kilpatrick
• “Where the Vampires Live” by way of hurricane Constantine
• “La Dame” by way of Tanith Lee
• “Chicago 1927” via Jewelle Gomez
• “Renewal” by way of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
• “Blood Freak” by way of Nancy Holder
• “The strength and the Passion” by means of Pat Cadigan
• “The Unicorn Tapestry” by means of Suzy McKee Charnas
• “This city Ain’t massive Enough” by means of Tanya Huff
• “Vampire King of the Goth Chicks” by means of Nancy A. Collins
• “Learning Curve” through Kelley Armstrong
• “The greater Half” by way of Melanie Tem
• “Selling Houses” by means of Laurell okay. Hamilton
• “Greedy Choke Puppy” via Nalo Hopkinson
• “Tacky” through Charlaine Harris
• “Needles” via Elizabeth Bear
• “From teeth of wierd Children” by way of Lisa L. Hannett
• “Father Peña’s final Dance” via Hannah Strom-Martin
• “Sun Falls” through Angela Slatter
• “Magdala Amygdala” by means of Lucy A. Snyder
• “The Coldest woman in Coldtown” through Holly Black
• “In the long run while All’s Well” by means of Catherynne M. Valente
Read or Download Blood Sisters: Vampire Stories by Women PDF
Similar vampires books
Glory St. Clair loves absorbing Hollywood's vampire nightlife together with her attractive Scottish lover, Jeremiah. particularly while she meets a vampire/ vitamin guru who provides to offer her the physique she's sought after for hundreds of years. One challenge: his extended family and Jeremiah's are historical enemies. yet Glory's now not approximately to enable a silly family members feud come among her and narrow bliss.
Be aware: Set within the similar trade heritage universe, the tales within the Carpathia Timeline stand on my own, even supposing a few characters seem in either books.
Romania, 1882: After spending years attempting to find and break Prince Radu Zeklos, the vampire that killed his fiancé, Daniel Jameson reveals an answer to his challenge whilst the King of Romania comes to a decision to host a world race of “self-propelled floor machines” throughout the Carpathian Mountains.
Four countries — Germany, England, France and the USA — are set to participate within the race, and Jameson reveals allies in significant William “Stump” O’Brien, the yank team’s army liaison, and Olivia Lowenby, the daughter of the fellow answerable for construction the English car and a girl who additionally wants revenge opposed to the vampire for the dying of her brother.
Initially against the race simply because if winning it is going to smash the “traditional means of life” for Romania’s vampires and werewolves, Prince Zeklos has replaced his brain. He too seizes the competition as a chance to accomplish whatever he has spent years dreaming of: the production of a brand new kingdom of the undead, Carpathia.
With airships scuffling with within the skies and people scuffling with undead creatures at the floor, “Carpathia” is stuffed with motion and plot twists as Jameson and Zeklos maneuver to accomplish their very assorted targets.
This version includes Bonus positive factors together with enjoyable proof and pattern chapters from "The Devil's Harvest," the second one ebook within the Carpathia Timeline.
In 1972, Jeff Rice's novel The evening Stalker brought Carl Kolchak to the area. This spine-tingling novel of supernatural terror turned an rapid bestseller and served because the foundation for the movie of an identical identify, starring Darren McGavin and tailored through mythical Twilight sector screenwriter Richard Matheson.
New season. New principles. The age-old conflict of Slayer vs. vampire is the focal point of Buffy's existence as soon as again--- it's downright nostalgic! yet with all of the toying with magic she's performed in recent times, this woman may still understand it's time for one more online game switch . .. Shouldn't she?
- Clanbook: Lasombra (Vampire: The Masquerade)
- Twilight (10th Anniversary/Life and Death Dual Edition)
- Tunnels of Blood (The Saga of Darren Shan, Book 3)
- White Devil Mountain (Vampire Hunter D Novels, Book 22)
- Deadlocked (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 12)
Additional resources for Blood Sisters: Vampire Stories by Women
It’s just that I realized tonight that what I did with her was meaningless. ” Ray’s hand was back, this time at my waist. “Man, look at you. ” He pulled my camisole out of the waistband. ” I should have already disappeared into the bathroom, but I was kind of interested in this conversation. I’d had mortal lovers in the past, but it had been a long time ago. Frankly, I preferred vampire men myself. Especially when we could do the whole fang-banging thing too. It’s like an extra orgasm. And I’d missed it tonight.
After the Grammys so I could look good? Maybe I was that shallow and vain. He helped me out of the car and walked me to the back door. It was just thirty minutes until the sun would come up and I was dragging. I’m sure Jerry was too, but you’d never know it to look at his firm step and squared shoulders. He was clearly so livid he was about to morph into a bat and screech, which, according to him, was a great way to blow off steam. I’ve never tried it myself or been tempted to. ” He stopped me at the back door with a hand on my arm.
He looked up. ” I stepped back out of teeth-gnashing range. ” Here it came. Gaelic. A string of what was surely profanity accompanied by Jerry jumping up and grabbing the only thing in the room that could stand in for a weapon. He brandished a silver candlestick, his face red, his eyes on fire. Finally, he took a calming breath, slammed the silver down on the tiled counter and faced me. I’d slipped on the robe again, figuring rightly that, naked or dressed, there was no way I could sex my way out of this.