By Eugene Bartlett
Cable is now as a lot within the broadband company because it is tv. This booklet explains the basics of coaxial cable know-how and the DSP that controls it, in addition to the cable modem and voice over IP know-how now significantly altering the cable operators’ company. aimed toward operating engineers and technicians, it may possibly even be used a textbook for the a easy cable communications direction in a 2 yr tech software.
Read Online or Download Cable Communications Technology PDF
Similar electrical & electronic engineering books
Quantity 1: Antenna basics and Mathematical options opens with a dialogue of the basics and mathematical recommendations for any form of paintings with antennas, together with simple ideas, theorems, and formulation, and methods. DLC: Antennas (Electronics)
This best-selling textual content makes a speciality of the research and layout of advanced dynamics platforms. selection known as it “a high-level, concise booklet that can good be used as a reference through engineers, utilized mathematicians, and undergraduates. The structure is nice, the presentation transparent, the diagrams instructive, the examples and difficulties helpful…References and a multiple-choice exam are integrated.
This very winning concise creation to chance conception for the junior-senior point path in electric engineering deals a cautious, logical association which stresses basics and comprises over 800 scholar routines and ample sensible purposes (discussions of noise figures and noise temperatures) for engineers to appreciate noise and random signs in structures.
- The electrical systems design & specification handbook for industrial facilities
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering: Book and CD-ROM
- Fundamentals of Applied Electromagnetics (5th Edition)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: Programming Methods and Applications
- Fundamentals of Industrial Instrumentation and Process Control
- Design Methods for Control Systems
Extra resources for Cable Communications Technology
112 Identifying the service area of a cable television system is a difﬁcult problem. First and foremost is the fact that the areas of residential population are the criteria for successful subscriber penetration. Unfortunately, municipal authorities may impose requirements as part of licensing or franchising agreements that nonproductive areas be served. Also, future areas of residential expansion may not be readily identiﬁed, thus necessitating future plant expansions. Most cable system operators avoided building cable plants in industrial and commercial areas.
The digital numbers forming the bit-stream activate pixels of the proper color on the display screen. In compressed form, only the changes in picture content are transmitted, resulting in a decrease in the overall bit rate required to provide a picture frame. Using digital technology, the encryption or encoding needed for premium programming can be built into the digital information stream. For an aspect ratio of 4 :3 (NTSC format) and with present video picture quality, the video signal in compressed format requires less channel bandwidth than the present 6-MHz television band.
11. ” 12. What is the unit of measure for signal level in cable communication systems? 13. What cable parameter is most important for a cable power system? 14. Which cable type has the least loss, a large diameter cable or a small diameter type? 15. Name the advantages of jacketed cable. Chapter 1 38 16. Why are cable connectors so critical to a cable communication system? 17. What dictates whether a cable plant is aerial or underground? 18. Name the main or principal concern for cable plant construction.