By David Porter
It covers a variety of non-technical vocabulary required for collage point and above and is perfect for all overseas scholars whose first language isn't really English.
Read Online or Download Check your vocabulary for academic English: all you need to pass your exams! PDF
Best english as a second language books
The simply abilities sequence is fully-customised for American English newcomers. the yank English variation makes use of an analogous complete syllabus and has an identical learner-friendly technique because the British English variation.
Do you need to enhance your English grammar? This ebook courses you to an important issues and problems of English grammar, utilizing: brief, transparent causes; plenty of perform and evaluate pages and cartoons that will help you comprehend -- and make you chuckle!
Corpus linguistics is resulting in the advance of theories approximately language which problem latest orthodoxies in utilized linguistics. although, there also are many questions which might be tested and debated: how great may still a corpus be? Is the information from a corpus trustworthy? What are its purposes for language instructing?
Flexible Vocabulary has been especially created to inspire scholars, via video games, to take advantage of vocabulary in quite a few methods: Defining phrases utilizing phrases in sentences Spelling phrases appearing out phrases altering be aware varieties producing new phrases The vocabulary has been conscientiously selected from numerous concordances of the main often used phrases.
- Hot Topics 2
- A child's garden of grammar
- Basic English for Computing: Student's Book
- Really Learn 100 Phrasal Verbs for Business
- Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles
- The Student’s Guide to the University of Cambridge
Extra info for Check your vocabulary for academic English: all you need to pass your exams!
I might not do that. 2. It’s not that great. 3. He built that website last night. 4. It felt quite hot in Vermont. 5. What?! That can’t be right! 6. Matt went out for a bite to eat. 7. That apartment felt quite hot. 8. If you eat out every night you’ll get fat. A B C Study Tip Make a list of the most common words that are used in your workplace, or if you are a student, the terminology in your field of study. Find out the correct pronunciation of these words. Also, master the pronunciation of the name of the company that you work for and the names of your American co-workers.
2. Won’t you? 4. Aren’t you? 40 Mastering the American Accent Practice Sentences CD 2 Track 52 1. Did you go to his graduation? 2. Would you take our picture? 3. Why can’t you be punctual? 4. Don’t you like nature? 5. Actually, this is a fortunate situation. 6. You’re adventurous, aren’t you? 7. Why won’t you do it gradually? 8. Can’t you change your schedule? CD 2 Track 53 Words Ending in -ed The final ed forms the past tense of regular verbs (such as needed and worked) and of some adjectives (such as interested and tired).
Life has loveliness to sell, Music like a curve of gold, Scent of pine trees in the rain, Eyes that love you, arms that hold, And for your spirits still delight, Holy thoughts that star the night. Spend all you have for loveliness, Buy it and never count the cost; For one white singing hour of peace Count many a year of strife well lost, And for a breath of ecstasy Give all you have been, or could be. Sara Teasdale CD 3 Track 3 Advice from a Successful Student 1B “My friend and I are both Chinese and both are studying accent reduction.